Weddings can be pretty stressful times, and for some of us, stress means spots! While sometimes this can be unavoidable, we’ve put together a list of things you can do to help your skin stay clear on your special day.
- Keep it simple! Don’t change routines unless a specialist ensures you it’s not going to cause a break out. If moisturizing is in your routine, make sure you keep it up to date.
- Stay hydrated! Water helps to flush everything out of your system and helps your skin look young and invigorated. Experts suggest at least 2 liters a day.
- Get pampered! It’s a good idea to get a facial at least a week before the wedding to get all the impurities out of your skin. Any less than a week and your skin won’t have enough time to recover if you do have a break out.
- Look after yourself. If you wear makeup to work or during the day, make sure you clean it off well before bed to give your skin time to recover and get back in balance. If you do have a couple of spots, be gentle. Use a tissue over your nails to avoid those painful nail marks.
- Watch out for stress or work habits such as leaning your chin or forehead on your palms, or touching your face. If you’re touching your face, make sure your hands are clean!
- Eat a healthy and balanced diet so you get all those good vitamins and proteins to help your skin heal and look fantastic!
So there you go! We wish you luck on your big day and don’t forget to tag us in your awesome wedding photos!
Words: Samara Flynn